Gladys R. Bonter (1912-1983)
|Gladys R. Bonter Schlosser|
Class of '32
|Born:||9 Jul 1912 of Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Died:||16 Nov 1983 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Father:||Louis J. Bonter, Sr.|
|Mother:||Addie Ruby Monroe|
Gladys R. Bonter|
Rhoda Udella Bonter
Louis J. Bonter, Jr.
Ardis Irene Bonter
Edna Mae Bonter
Lee E. Bonter
Everett Leroy Bonter
Lela Marguerite Bonter
Edward Elwood Bonter
|Spouse:||Alfred M. Schlosser|
|Married:||16 Sep 1933 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
Jack M. Schlosser|
Donald L. Schlosser
Allan L. Schlosser
Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, November 17, 1983:
Services for Gladys R. Schlosser, 71, of Petoskey, will be 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 19, at St. Nicholas Church, Lark's Lake. Fr. Wilbert Hegener, OFM, will officiate and burial will be in St. Nicholas Church Cemetery.
Mrs. Schlosser died Nov. 16, 1983, at Emmet County Medical Care Facility.
The former Gladys R. Bonter was born July 9, 1912, in Pleasantview Township, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Louie Bonter. She graduated from Harbor Springs High School in 1932 and was married Sept. 16, 1933, to Alfred M. Schlosser. He died May 6, 1977.
Mrs. Schlosser was a member of St. Francis Church and a former member of St. Nicholas Church. She had lived in the Lark's Lake and Petoskey area all her life.
Survivors include three sons, Jack of Traverse City, Donald L. of Miramar, Fla., Allan of Petoskey; two daughters, Mrs. Mary Gaines of Taylor and Mrs. Ruby Gray of Petoskey; 19 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; one brother, Lee Bonter of Levering; three sisters, Ardis Allerding of Harbor Springs, Edna Fineout of Petoskey and Lela Sydow of Harbor Springs.
The family suggests memorials to the American Lung Association of Michigan. Envelopes for that purpose are available at the Winchester-Hallead Funeral Home in Petoskey where friends may call from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. today. A rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. tonight at the funeral home.
- Photo: The Harborais 1932, Harbor Springs High School, page 26:
- GLADYS BONTER
- "I shall be loved as quiet things are loved."
- Commercial Course; President 1; G. A. A. 1; Agricultural Club 1; Latin Club 1-2-3.
- (originally Cindy Grant's yearbook)
- Collins, Audrey Diebel, ed. Looking Back, The First Hundred Years, 1887-1986:
- Harbor Springs High School
- Class of 1932
- Page 39: graduation photo of Gladys Bonter
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Schlosser, Gladys R.
- Date of Death: 11/16/1983
- Liber: 1983
- Folio: 459
- Place of Death: Harbor Springs
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Schlosser, Gladys R. (Bonter)
- Age: 71
- Born: 07/09/1912
- Died: 11/16/1983
- Cemetery: St. Nichols, Larks Lake
- Funeral Home: Winchester-Hallead, Petoskey