Guy Earl Bixby (1905-1962)
|Guy Earl Bixby|
|Born:||29 May 1905 Charlevoix Co., Michigan|
|Died:||3 Jul 1962 Springvale Twp., Michigan|
|Father:||Oscar T. Bixby|
|Mother:||Martha E. Pritchard|
|Siblings:||Guy Earl Bixby|
|Spouse:||Lucelia Meria Croff|
|Married:||29 Dec 1939 Petoskey, Michigan|
Marvin E. Bixby
Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, July 5, 1962:
Services will be held Friday at 10 a.m. at the Epsilon E. U. B. Church for Guy E. Bixby, 57, who died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon of a heart attack while working on his farm in Springvale township. Rev. Jack Mulder will officiate and interment will be in the Joy cemetery.
He was born in Charlevoix county on May 19, 1905 and had lived at his farm home in Springvale township most of his life. He married Lucelia Croff in rites at Petoskey on December 29, 1939. He was a farmer and a carpenter.
Mr. Bixby was a member of the Emmet County Farm Bureau.
Surviving are his wife, a son, Marvin, at home; a daughter, Mrs. Martha Sutfin of R-2 Petoskey; two aunts, Mrs. Clayton Bixby of Petoskey and, Mrs. Rena Niles of Grand Rapids.
The body is at Stone Funeral Home, where friends may call.
- 1910 Federal Census, Springvale Twp., Emmet, MI
- Name: Guy Bixby
- Birthplace: Michigan
- Relationship to Head of Household: Adopted Son
- Residence: Springvale, Emmet, Michigan
- Marital Status: Single
- Age: 5
- Race: White
- Gender: Male
- Family Number: 88
- Page Number: 4
- Parent: Oscar Bixby, M, 40y
- Parent: Martha Bixby, F, 41y
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Bixby, Guy & Croff, Lucelia
- Date of Marriage: 12/29/1939
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 20
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Bixby, Guy Earl
- Date of Death: 7/3/1962
- Liber: 1962
- Folio: 161
- Place of Death: Springvale Twp., MI
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Bixby, Guy Earl
- Age: 57
- Born: 5/29/1905
- Died: 7/3/1962
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Joy Valley, Springvale Twp.
- Obituary: on file, PNR - 07/05/1962
- Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, 9 Feb 2006, Obituary: Gray, Marybelle Croff