Pearl May Hunn (1891-1957)
|Pearl May Hunn West|
|Born:||Nov 1891 Vanderbilt, Michigan|
|Died:||15 Aug 1957 Grand Rapids, Michigan|
|Father:||Nelson G. Hunn|
|Mother:||Nancy Ann Vaughn|
William Augustus Philips|
Charles Edward Philips
Sarah Ellen Philips
Lucy B. Philips
Carrie M. Hunn
Frederick Wesley Hunn
Pearl May Hunn
Hazel Maude Hunn
|Spouse:||George Albert West|
|Married:||24 Dec 1909 Petoskey, Michigan|
Leon Harold West|
Ronald D. West
Ernest George West
Bernice Pearl West
Charles Edwin West
Pearl May Hunn was born in November 1891 in Vanderbilt, Otsego, Michigan.
Pearl married George Albert West on the 24th of December, 1909 in Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan.
In 1910 she is listed as a Hunn, married, living with mother in McKinley Tp, Emmet, Michigan.
In 1920 she is listed as wife of George West, living in Muskegon, Muskegon, Michigan.
In 1930 they are living in Toledo, Lucas, Ohio with son and his family.
In 1940 they are in Grand Rapids, Michigan where she dies the 14 August 1957.
Herrick Public Library Obituary Collection, Saturday, August 17, 1957:
WEST--Mrs. Pearl M. West, aged 65, of 220 Albany , SW., passed away Thursday night.
She is survived by her husband, George A.; one daughter, Mrs. Harold (Bernice) Huff, of Belmont; four sons, Leon H. West, of Edinburg, Ohio, Ernest, Floyd and Charles West of Grand Rapids; sixteen grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; three sisters, Mrs. Jasper Kimes of Battle Creek, Mich., Mrs. Lucy Woolever, of Batavia, N.Y., and Mrs. Clarence Baker of Alexandria, N.Y; and one brother, Fredrick Hunn of St. Charles, Mich.
Mrs. West reposes at the VanStrein-Alman Funeral Home, where services will be held at 1:30 Monday afternoon. Frank Cooper of the Church of God, officiating. Interment Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
- Middle Name: Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867-1952, database, Ancestry.com:
- Name: Mr Leon Harold West
- Mother: Pearl May Hunn
- 1900 Federal Census, Star Twp., Antrim, Michigan
- Hunn, Nelson G.
- Pearl, daughter, white, female, b. Nov 1891, 8, single, MI, MI, OH
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- WEST, George & HUNN, Pearl
- Date: 12/24/1909
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 258
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Record of Marriages:
- Page: 258
- Number: 177
- License Dated: 24 Dec 1909
- Groom: West George
- Bride: Pearl Hunn
- Age: 18
- Race: W
- Residence: Pellston
- Birth place: Michigan
- Occupation: Housework
- Father: Nelson
- Mother: Nancy Vaughn
- Times Previously married: No
- Married: 24 Dec 1909
- Place: Petoskey
- By: Aaron B. Krueger, Justice
- Daniel Vaugn, Pellston
- Nancy Hunn, Pellston
- 1910 Federal Census, McKinley Tp., Emmet, Michigan, 3 May 1910, 224/224
- Hunn, Nancy
- Pearl M., daughter, female, white, 18, md 1 yr, 0 children, MI, MI, OH
- 1920 Federal Census, Muskegon, Muskegon, Michigan, 18 Jan 1920, ED 130, Sheet 17A, 28 Spring Street, 328/409:
- West, George
- Pearl, wife, female, white, 28, married, MI, US, OH
- 1930 Federal Census, Toledo, Lucas, Ohio
- West, George A.
- Pearl M., wife, female, white, 37, married, MI, MI, OH
- Obituary: Michigan Obituaries, 1820-2006, database with images, FamilySearch