Van Francis McBride (1895-1951)
|Van Francis McBride|
|Born:||20 Apr 1895 Fillmore, Utah|
|Died:||5 Jun 1951 Nevada|
|Father:||John Sheridan McBride|
|Mother:||Elizabeth Ann Ashby|
Van Francis McBride|
Martha Ann McBride
Ray Ashby McBride
|Spouse:||Lily Mae Isgreen|
|Married:||16 Apr 1919 Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Children:||Verda Lorraine McBride|
|Married:||25 Oct 1926 Nevada|
Nevada State Journal, Reno, NV, Wednesday, June 6, 1951, p. 2:
Van Francis McBride, resident of Nevada for more than 30 years died suddenly while at work early Tuesday morning.
Born in Fillmore, Utah, April 20, 1895, Mr. McBride had made his home in Nevada since 1919, and for several years resided in Ely and Kimberly, where he was deputy sheriff under Tom McLaughlin. For the last three years he has been employed as state patrolman stationed at the highway station near Lawton Springs.
Surviving are his widow, Mrs. Verne McBride of Sparks, a daughter, Mrs. Lorraine M. Mathews of Carson City, a step-son, Dan F. Jandebeur of Sparks, his mother, Mrs. Elizabeth McBride and a brother, Ray McBride, both of Tooele, Utah, and four grandchildren survive.
Funeral arrangements will be announced later by the O'Brien-Rogers Co.
- LDS Family Group Records Collection (Patron Section)
- Submitter: Mrs. Janice McBride Duff
- Family of: John Sheridan McBride & Elizabeth Ann Ashby
- Civil Divorce: 9 Nov 1925
- Tooele Transcript Bulletin Online Edition, 28 Mar 2002, Obituary: McBride, Ray Ashby
- McBride, Virginia. Charles R. McBride Memorial, p. 46.
- Deseret News, Wednesday, 18 Feb 1942, p. 16, Obituary: McBride, John Sheridan