Nancy Ann Vaughn (1858-1924)
|Nancy Ann Vaughn Philips Hunn Bashaw|
|Born:||Nov 1858 Bunker Hill in Ashtabula, Ohio|
|Died:||9 Jan 1924 East Jordan, Michigan|
Daniel J. Vaughn
Nancy Ann Vaughn
Rosetta M. Vaughn
|Spouse:||(1) Lloyd D. Philips|
|Married:||3 Aug 1873 Grant, Michigan|
William Augustus Philips|
Charles Edward Philips
Sarah Ellen Philips
Lucy B. Philips
|Spouse:||(2) Nelson G. Hunn|
|Married:||14 Jan 1882 Sebewaing, Michigan|
Frederick Wesley Hunn
Pearl May Hunn
Hazel M. Hunn
|Spouse:||(3) Edward N. Bashaw|
|Married:||16 Jul 1914 Pellston, Michigan|
Nancy Ann Vaughn was born in November of 1858 in Bunker Hill, Ashtabula, Ohio. The Bunker Hill in Ashtabula is a road near the city of Ashtabula as far as I can see. When she was about one during the 1860 Census they lived across the state line in Elk Twp., Erie, Pennsylvania.
In 1870 she lived in Grant Twp., Huron, Michigan.
Nancy married Lloyd D. Philips on August 3, 1873 in Grant, Huron, Michigan.
In 1880 They lived in Unionville, Columbia Twp., Tuscola, Michigan.
Lloyd died of an accidental gunshot wound on May 14, 1881 in Unionville, Michigan. Later she lost her two boys William and Charles in a house fire.
Nancy married Nelson G. Hunn January 14, 1882 in Sebewaing, Huron, Michigan.
Nancy was a midwife all over Michigan.
In the 1900 Census they lived in Star Twp., Antrim, Michigan.
Nelson G. Hunn died in July 21,1908 in Traverse City, Grand Traverse, Michigan. He is buried in Vanderbilt, Otsego, Michigan.
1910 Federal Census says Hunn, Nancy - 13 children, 6 living - so we have some missing children here.
She married third, Edward N. Bashaw on July 16, 1914 at Pellston, Emmet, Michigan.
They are on the 1920 Census in East Jordan, Charlevoix, Michigan.
Nancy died January 9, 1924 in East Jordan, Charlevoix, Michigan. She is buried next to Edward Bashaw in Sunset Hills Cemetery, East Jordan, Michigan in an unmarked grave.
Nancy had a rough life to be sure, but she kept going.
- Birth: From 1900 Census information: b. Nov 1858 in Ohio.
- 1860 Federal Census, Elk Creek, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Von, Daniel
- , Nancy, 1, female, white, at home, Ohio
- 1870 Federal Census, Grant Tp., Huron, Michigan
- Vaughn, Daniel,
- , Nancy, 11, female, white, at home, Ohio
- Marriage: Huron County, Michigan Record of Marriages, vol 1, p. 28, #410:
- Phillips, Lloyd, white, of Tuscola Co., 23, Farmer, Birthplace: Can not tell
- Vaughn, Nancy Ann, white, of Grant, 16 Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio
- Married: 3 August 1873, at Grant
- By: Benjamin F. Parker, JP
- Amanda Brackenburg, Grant
- Lydia Parker, Grant
- Date of Record: 28 August 1873
- 1880 Federal Census, Columbia twp. (Unionville), Tuscola Co., Michigan
- Philips, Loyd D.
- , Nancy A., white, female, 20, wife, keeping house, can't read/write, Ohio , NY, NY/NJ
- 2nd Marriage: Huron County, Michigan, Record of Marriages, vol 1, p. 99, #1444:
- Hunn, Nelson G., white, of Sebewaing, 23, Stave Joiner, Birth place: --unrsmin Michigan
- Philips, Nancy N., white, of Sebewaing, 22, Birth place: Bunker Hill, Ohio
- Married: 14 January 1882, at Sebewaing
- By: Jacob Spries, JP
- Morris B. Gates, Sebewaing
- Emeline Gates, Sebewaing (nee Hunn)
- Date of record: 19 January 1882
- 1900 Federal Census, Star Twp., Antrim, Michigan
- Hunn, Nelson G.
- , Nancy, wife, white, female, b. Nov 1858, age 41, married 17 yrs, 13 children, 6 living, Ohio, Ohio, NY
- 1910 Federal Census, McKinley Twp., Emmet, Michigan, 3 May 1910, 224/224:
- Hunn, Nancy, head, female, white, 50, Widowed, 13 children, 6 living, Ohio, Ohio, NY
- , Fred W., son, male, white, 20, single, Michigan, Michigan, Ohio, Laborer, Handle Mill
- , Pearl M., daughter, female, white, 18, married once, 1 yr, 0 children, 0 living, Michigan, Michigan, Ohio
- , Hazel M., daughter, female, white, 12, single, Michigan, Michigan, Ohio
- 3rd Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- BASHAW, Edward & HUNT, Nancy
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 17
- Marriage: Michigan, Marriages, 1868-1925
- groom's name: Edward Bashaw
- grroms race: white
- groom's age: 33 years
- groom's birth date: 1881
- groom's birthplace: Nowood, N. Y.
- gromm's residence: East Jordan Mich
- groom's occupation: Com. Labor.
- groom's times previously married: none
- bride's name: Nancy Hunt
- bride's race: white
- bride's age: 40 years
- bride's birth date: 1874
- bride's residence: Pellston Mich.
- bride's occupation: Housewife
- bride's birthplace: Ashtabula, Ohio
- marriage date: 16 Jul 1914
- marriage place: Pellston, Emmet, Michigan
- groom's father: James
- groom's mother: Mariett Hill
- bride's father: Donald Vaughn
- bride's mother: Sylvia
- bride's times previously married: Three
- Married by: L. B. Carpenter, Clergyman
- Mrs. Elmer Fought, Pellston Mich
- Mrs. Robrt Denni, Pellston Mich
- film number: 2342705
- digital folder number: 4209253
- image number: 221
- reference number: v 2 p 149 rn 81
- 1920 Federal Census, East Jordan, Charlevoix, Michigan, 12 Jan 1920, Elizabeth St., 91/91:
- Bashaw, Edward, head, male, white, 38, married, NY, NY, NY, common laborer
- , Nancy, wife, female, white, 56, married, Ohio, NY, NY
- Death: Charlevoix County Michigan Death Record, Liber 2 Page 120 Record #1
- Bashaw, Nancy A.
- Date of Death: January 9, 1924
- Gender: Female
- Race: White
- Birth Place: Ohio
- Place of Death: East Jordan, Michigan
- Father's name: David Vaughan
- Mothers name: Not Given
- Place of Burial: Not given
- Date of Record: April 26, 1924
- Date of Birth: Not Given
- Age: 65 years 1 month and 13 days
- Marital Status: Married
- Occupation: House Wife
- Cause of Death: Apoplexy
- Fathers Birth Place: New York
- Mothers Birth Place: Not Given
- Personal knowledge of Myrtle Sina Howse Ward:
- Grandma Nancy Vaughn was living in Harbor Springs in 1914, that's where she met Edward Bashaw.